The St. Paul Pioneer Press, 11-13-11 front-page section, highlighted a new type of church that is gaining members for the mainly 20-30 year old range membership. The new church movement involves pastors wearing jeans, worship in movie theaters, rock bands participating, and short video sermons. More than 4,200 people attended services at the four campuses of the Apple Valley-based River Valley Church last Sunday.
People throughout history have searched to establish and grow in their connection with God. Whether it is through traditional western prayer, indigenous drumming and dancing, sweat lodge ceremonies, meditation, spiritual retreats, pilgrimages to sacred sites, etc. we long for the connection and relationship with our Creator. Many people look for this relationship in their synagogue or church from group prayer and spiritual community.
Though an amazing 92% of Americans believe in God, according to a Washington Post poll and article 6-24-2008, most people have not been instructed in how to establish and grow in a relationship with our Creator. Nor are we taught what to look for in receiving a response to our questions and prayers we beseech of God.
Experience tells me that God hears all of our prayers and answers all of our questions. Sometimes the questions we ask are not immediately responded to, and sometimes they are not answered the way we would like them answered; but they are always answered. The problem arises in the possibility that we may not be able to hear or decipher the response we receive. One will benefit from knowing or learning how and where to look for the answers to the questions and prayers, we beseech of God.
In addition to miraculous intervention, there are four main paths from which we receive messages or answers to our prayers. They are:
- Clairvoyanceis the visual manner we receive a message from our Creator. We may receive a vision, or perhaps receive a dream that will speak to us in a sense and answer our question/s. Additionally, animals are also sometimes employed as a visual messenger and can convey many messages in this manner.
- Claircognizance : In this manner we feel a sense of “knowing” coming from within. An inner feeling of knowing the answer forms within, i.e. the knowledge of something is suddenly just there for us.
- Clairsentience: The knowledge may be known through a tingling feeling that is accompanied by feeling a sense of peace. Many people will suddenly know something from a strong “gut” feeling, that was actually a Divine message.
- Clairaudience: In this manner we actually hear a voice from God or an angel meant only for the recipient. Some people hear the voice outside themselves, others hear the voice coming from within, either way the recipient has the knowledge the message is meant for them alone.
- True Miracles: Laws of our universe are suspended and we are saved, rescued, miraculous events occur, we are helped, and our lives enriched as a result. These miracles leave most people with a sense of peace, connectedness, and love.
Through the intention of growing in our relationship with our Creator, we learn to hear intuitively and separate what is coming from our own mind and what is coming from someplace else. Then the relationship with our Creator grows.
Thank-you for reading. For more information see: www.soultosoulaguide.com