So, you’re dating a guy and you don’t know him very well. What do you do to know him better? How do you know you both will be compatible? Here are some tips.
1) Drag it out. If you don’t know him well and he’s professes that he loves you right off the bat, be suspicious. Men who do that are players. Don’t be available to him all the time. To get to the heart of the matter, see what he does in the next several months. If he’s dumb and inexperienced with relationships, it might be okay. If he’s Mr. Casanova and being too “smooth”, then forget it. And if he’s calling you past 10 PM, then you’re a booty call.
2) Be picky about who you date. If you don’t like the way the guy dresses or cleans his room, then he’s not going to change for you. You need to get rid of him if you don’t share the same taste in food, music, clothing, or other things. No matter how hard you try, you won’t change him.
3) Get to know his friends. If you have mutual friends, find out what he’s thinking by getting to know his friends. Sometimes, you’ll find out what his values are, too. If he’s with the wrong crowd, then it’s time to back away.
4) Find out how much you’re willing to put up with. If he’s a bit of a male chauvinist, it may not be a bad thing. If he has a dominant streak, that might help him earn money. But, if he’s not going to treat you like a princess with all that money, then why bother with him at all?
5) Does he respect you? Guys who say that they respect a woman don’t mean it a lot of times. Usually, it’s a pick up line meant to get you into bed. Some guys will say anything to get into a woman’s pants. Watch how he treats other women. If he treats women in even a hint of disrespectfulness, then run. He’s not going to be respectful to you.
6) Ask around. Most of the time, other people have formed an opinion about a man. No matter what the circumstances are, people have an opinion. Ask around to get his general vibe. If it’s not a good vibe, then leave the guy alone.
7) Watch carefully what he says. If you notice that he doesn’t sound sincere, you are probably right. If something feels wrong, then it usually is. Go by your instinct.
8) Watch how he treats his mother. A guy that I knew once took a letter from his mother, and basically crumpled it up in front of me. He basically was telling me that he doesn’t respect his mother. Alarm bells went off in me.
9) It’s about values, values and values. Some people don’t share the same moral values as you. It’s never okay to put up with a man’s loose moral values, and call it a difference of opinion. You both will be very unhappy.
10) Don’t be afraid to let him know what your values are. If you’re a good Christian woman who doesn’t believe in sex before marriage, let him know. If he is a good guy, he will admire and respect you for it. Don’t be afraid to let a guy go because he doesn’t share the same values as you.