The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 has finally been released today!
The album, which has spawned several hit singles already, was streamed for Twilight fans last weekend, and the reaction to that was pretty positive.
Here’s the full tracklist:
- “End Tapes” – By The Joy Formidable
- “Love Will Take You” – By Angus & Julia Stone
- “It Will Rain” – By Bruno Mars
- “Turning Page” – By Sleeping At Last
- “From Now On” – By The Features
- “A Thousand Years” – By Christina Perri
- “Neighbors” – By Theophilus London
- “I Didn’t Mean It” – By The Belle Brigade
- “Sister Rosetta (2011 Version)” – By Noisettes
- “Northern Lights” – By Cider Sky
- “Flightless Bird, American Mouth (Wedding Version)” – By Iron & Wine
- “Requiem On Water” – By Imperial Mammoth
- “Cold” – By Aqualung & Lucy Schwartz
- “Llovera” – By Mia Maestro
- “Like A Drug (Bonus Track)” – By Hard-Fi
The Wall Street Journal did a spotlight piece on Alexandra Patsavas and the Breaking Dawn – Part 1 soundtrack, revealing her process for creating the new album.
For the latest installment, Ms. Patsavas says she and her Chop Shop team of seven people weeded through 2,000 song submissions, then worked with director Bill Condon and editor Virginia Katz to decide on the best fits. Coloring the overall sound: the climactic wedding between the vampire Edward (Robert Pattinson) and his mortal love Bella (Kristen Stewart). Ms. Patsavas says she hunted for numbers that could be used (and now undoubtedly will be) at real-life weddings.
Read the full story here.
Will you be picking up a copy?
Twilight Examiner: Twitter • Facebook • YouTube • Email