This Week Chicago Pets – Nov. 28 – Dec. 4
- Do some early Christmas shopping at Kriser’s All Natural Pet Products’ at 2022 North Clybourn and help out the dogs at Chicago Canine Rescue. Shop for and donate items from the rescue’s wish list and get a 20% discount on those items through December 6.
- Start the weekend and help out the cats at Tree House Humane Society at the Gratu-i-kitty! Charity Bartending Night at Nisei Lounge in Wrigleyville. From 7 to 10 p.m. on Thursday, December 1, volunteers from Tree House will be keep your glasses filled and all the tips the earn will be donated to the shelter. There will also be great music and prizes on tap.
- The Chicago English Bulldog Rescue is one of hundreds of vendors participating in the 31st Annual Lambs Farm Holiday Lights Gift & Craft Fair. The event will be at the Arlington Park Race Track and runs from Friday, December 2 to Sunday, December 4. There will be a variety of gifts from candy to jewelry, or crafts to clothing. Times and pricing – online or on Facebook.
- Photos with Santa Paws benefiting Young at Heart Pet Rescue at All Things Woof at 29 East Main Street in Roselle on Saturday, December 3 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Photos are $10 for a digital print in a keepsake holder, plus photos will be online later for you to download and print additional copies.
- Holiday Open House and Bazaar at Save-A-Pet from noon until 4 p.m. on Saturday, December 3 and Sunday, December 4 at the shelter. Donate items for the supply drive, shop for the holidays and visit the animals. The Tree of Hope will be lit at 4 on Saturday with caroling for the animals leading up to that part of the event.
- Stop by Doggy Style Pet Shop at 2023 West Division during the Division Holiday Walk for Photos with Santa on Saturday, December 3 from noon to 5 p.m. Donations of $15 benefit Alive Rescue. Need help wrapping gifts? Stop by between noon and 7 p.m. on Sunday, December 4 and a $5 per item donation will benefit the Tree House Humane Society. Bring pet food donations – five cans of pet food or a five-pound bag – to be donated to the pet food banks at Tree House and the Animal Welfare League.
- One Tail at a Time’s 3rd Annual Calendar Launch Party at Chicago Party Animals from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $40 per person and $15 per dog (limited) and tickets cover open bar, appetizers, dessert table and other treats. Silent auction, art auction and live auction with a twist.
- There will be a Low-Cost Vaccination Clinic at Wright-Way Rescue on Sunday, December 4 from noon to 4 p.m. Wright-Way is at 7136 W. Touhy Avenue in Niles.
- Stop by Bark Chicago at 1807 West Lake Street on Sunday, December 4 from 4 – 7 p.m. for the Fun Frenchie Holiday Party and Fundraiser benefiting the Chicago French Bulldog Rescue. The event includes refreshments, cash bar, CFBR Doggie and Human Boutique, photos with Santa from 4-6 and Rescued Frenchie Fashion Show at 6 p.m. The event is $20 per person with kids under 12 and dogs free.
Do you volunteer or work for a shelter or rescue that has programs you’d like to promote? Do you work in a pet-rleated business that has an interesting story to tell. If so, contact me at email@example.com. Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles become available. Just click on the subscribe button above. You may also follow me on Twitter, Facebook or read my blog.