If you stuffed yourself as full as I did over the Thanksgiving holiday then you’re in need of some calorie burning activities this week. What better way to shave off that extra turkey, stuffing, and pie than by breaking out your dancing shoes and hitting some live music? Here are my selections for gigs in Denver this week, which will have you slipping back into your skinny jeans in no time:
- Tuesday, November 29th, The Kooks at the Ogden Theatre- One of the UK’s hottest bands, indie darlings The Kooks will be rocking Denver this Tuesday along with Chicago’s danceworthy Yawn. Presented by 97.3 KBCO, doors open at 7:00pm, the show starts at 8:00pm, tickets are $22 in advance or $24 at the door, and the show is open to fans ages sixteen and up.
- Thursday, December 1st, Big Head Todd and the Monsters at the Boulder Theater- Colorado’s own super stars Big Head Todd and the Monsters bring their superb blend of rock to Boulder on Thursday. Nicole Atkins will open the all ages show, doors open at 6:00pm, and the music begins at 7:00pm.
- Friday, December 2nd, The Rocket Summer at the Marquis Theater- Talented Texan Bryce Avary shows off his brilliant brand of power pop rock and multi-instrumentalism at the Marquis this week. This special performance includes Avary performing his first two full length albums, Calendar Days and Hello, Good Friend in their entirety for the first time ever. Kicking off the show, which is presented by Illegal Pete’s, is one of Denver’s favorite pop outfits The Heyday. Doors open at 7:00pm, tickets cost $17 in advance or $20 at the door, and the show is for fans of all ages.
- Friday, December 2nd, Saturday, December 3rd, and Sunday, December 4th, Social Distortion at the Ogden Theatre- SoCal punk rock outfit Social Distortion gear up to rock Denver for three nights in a row at the end of the week. Suedehead and Chuck Ragan will open the 16 and up show, doors open at 7:00pm, the show starts at 8:00pm, and tickets are $30 in advance or $35 at the door.
- Saturday, December 3rd, Mickey Avalon at the Bluebird Theater- American underground rapper Mickey Avalon has traveled one tough, character-building journey and will be sharing his music, and his story, in Denver this weekend. Doors open at 8:00pm, the 16 and up show starts at 9:00pm, and tickets are $22.50 in advance or $25 day of.
See you out there Denver!