2011 was a big year in allergy news, from promising treatments to law making mishaps. Check below for the Grand Rapids Allergy Examiner’s list of the top 10 articles from this year and don’t miss a thing.
10. Peanut allergic Michigan woman receives letter coated in peanut butter
9. New cause of eczema will lead to better treatment
8. Are we passing food allergies through blood?
7. Ragweed and cat allergies: a cure in the works
6. Tricking the immune system to cure peanut allergies
5. Gluten free fake gets 11 years in prison
4. Food allergy policy for schools signed into law
3. Parents picket over food allergy: are they right?
2. Girl given peanuts at Grand Rapids Food Allergy Walk
And, the number one article of 2011 is the creation and distribution of national food allergy guidelines. With the release of the food allergy guidelines, clinicians and care providers have standards of care to guide them in managing food allergies.
1. Food allergy guidelines released
Follow the Grand Rapids Allergy Examiner in the new year and stay up-to-date on allergy and asthma information, click subscribe.
Follow me on Twitter at GRallergies
Comments can be left below and are appreciated