NBC’s Parenthood has had such an incredible run in 2011 that we decided it needed a top 10 list all of its own. Primarily our list comes from the season 3 episodes, but season 2 wasn’t forgotten in this look back at the best of Parenthood in 2011.
Don’t miss the pictorial picks for our year in review of Parenthood’s season 2 and 3 moments of 2011.
Top 10 Parenthood moments of 2011
1. Leakage – Breastfeeding moms anywhere can tell you that odds are an unfortunate case of leakage will occur at some point in your nursing experience, and in Kristina’s case having such an incident in front of Adam and Crosby’s hot, young assistant tops the list of cringe-worthy moments.
Kristina: “…I started leaking.”
Adam: “Breast milk?”
Kristina: “No, Adam, oil…”
2. Season 2 finale– Specifically, following Amber’s accident when Zeek took Amber to the junkyard:
“…I dreamt you Amber…And Haddie, and Drew, and Sydney, Jabbar, and Max. And we almost lost ya Amber. I know, you’ve had some bad breaks; not feeling good about yourself – didn’t get into Berkley? Well, boo-frickin’-hoo. You gotta suck it up girl, you’re a Braverman, you’ve got my blood in your veins…You do not have permission to mess with my dreams.”
Watch the entire moment.
3. Some people are not meant to ‘hip up’ their image – When Crosby implored his big brother to hip up his image for a meeting with Mistah R.A.Y., the attempt was utterly laughable. One of the greatest, most comical cringe-worthy moments of season 3 – you better believe that’s a pic included in the slideshow.
4. Fertility issues and adoption – In season 2 our hearts broke with the Braverman-Grahams as they learned Julia would most likely not be able to carry another pregnancy to term. In season 3 it was all about the adoption process and a situation that from the outside looking in seemed too good to be true. Our hearts broke all over again when it turned out it seemed that way for a reason.
5. Sydney’s epic meltdown – Rather than tell you, you’ll want to watch this moment as Sydney loses a game of Candy Land to her dad.
Julia: “…We ruined her.”
Joel: “You know what, we’re gonna get another baby, then we’ll start over. This one’s a bust.”
Julia: “Babe, that’s not funny!”
Joel: “It’s pretty funny…She’s gonna be fine.”
6. Breaking up is hard to do – When Alex decided he needed to end things with Haddie, he ultimately had to break up with the whole Braverman family who had come to think of him as one their own. The moment between Kristina and Alex was definitely a tearjerker.
7. Meltdowns aren’t just for the kids anymore – Kristina’s meltdown in Forced Family Fun was 100% relatable awesomeness. Kicking her arguing family out of the minivan and then leaving them behind with tires squealing was perhaps the absolute greatest (not so great) parenting moment in Parenthood, ever.
Kristina: “I’m sorry I’m psycho, honey.”
Haddie: “It’s cool, we’re used to it.”
Kristina: (under her breath) “great.”
8. Butt-dialing at its most awkward – Moments in your life that you never want your parents to bear witness? Odds are, them overhearing you have sex would be at the very tippy top of that list. Well, that’s exactly what happened to Haddie in season 2, unbeknownst to her and traumatizing to her parents. Yeah…Awkward.
9. Girl power…Sort of – When Amber hears scary noises in her apartment who’s her go-to person – even if she had been driving her batty all week – mom of course. Amber and Sarah confronting (or screaming and slamming the door on it, but who are we to judge?) the biggest rat ever was definitely a hilarious highlight of season 3.
10. Forbidden moments – Four for the price of one, here. First it was an engaged Crosby and Max’s tutor, then Seth kissing Sarah despite her relationship with Mark, the smooch stealing assistant laying one on Adam, and Crosby’s back again taking a tumble into bed with Jasmine who ironically cheated on the wonderful Dr. Joe by doing so.
There you have it, our picks for the top Parenthood moments of 2011. What are your favorite memories from this past year with Parenthood?
Parenthood returns to NBC with new episodes on January 3, 2012 at 10:00 p.m./9:00 c. Be sure to check back here for the Braverman breakdown.
Don’t miss out on any of our TV mom moments or lessons, hit the SUBSCRIBE button at the top of this article to receive free email notifications. You can also keep up with me on Facebook and Twitter @TVMoms101 or via email.