Some people indulge in alcholic beverages regularly, some only on special occasions, and some of us, well, not at all. With New Year’s Eve approaching, one can already hear the bottles of champagne popping as we speak. Therefore, here are the top 5 hangover remedies known to man.
Topping the list for hangover remedies is
- DON’T drink alcohol. Very funny, some might say, as they chugg the next drink down the hatch. But according to Boston University professor, Jonathan Howland, the best way to avoid a hangover is to avoid alcohol.
Next on the list is
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after drinking an alcohol. Alcohol severely dehydrates the body. Dehydration can cause upset stomach and headaches.
- Eat a substantial meal of simple carbs and plenty of protein before drinking any alcohol. Protein and carbs are slower to digest and with the slower digestion, the alcohol will metabolized slower as well, lessening the toxic effects.
And last but not least
- Try recreational oxygen in a can. According to the researchers at Oxygen4energy “ Scientifically speaking, it takes 3 oxygen molecules to break down 1 alcohol molecule into acetaldehyde, and then into carbon dioxide and water. The more oxygen you give your body, the faster the alcohol will be broken down into harmless substances. Flooding your body with oxygen after a night of alcohol consumption, followed by more oxygen when you wake up can do wonders to keep hangovers away and make mornings more enjoyable! “
Important Note: When using oxygen for a hangover, make sure to drink a lot of fluids as well. Oxygen does not eliminate dehydration.
- Try Activated Charcoal. Activated Charcoal can be found in your local health food store. But it is also used by health professionals for poisoning. From beer to wine to hard liquor, all alcohol contain mycotoxins – Fungal poisons. Activated charcoal will attract all poisons, bacteria, fungus and viruses. Another important note: it will also attract medications, so use caution if you are taking lifesaving medications that would be disturbed by the Activated Charcoal.
So remember, to avoid hangovers all together, avoid or seriously limit alcohol consumption, drink plenty of water and eat well before during and after any drinking. And perhaps try alternative resources that will assist the body in detoxifying quickly with less pain and suffering.