Well, 2011 has come to a close and we are looking forward to all the wonderful young adult paranormal books that will be coming out in 2012. Here is a preview of some that have made my list of books that I am looking forward to:
- Darkness, Book Two of the Brookehaven Series by Joann Sowles. IT picks up where Laney ended. Laney Alexander meets Oliver the vampire and trouble ensues when Laney starts finding out mistruths, dark secrets and more. She will find the darkness but will she find her light to get back to Oliver.
- The Calling Book Two of Darkness Rising by Kelley Armstrong. Maya Delaney’s paw-print birthmark is the sign of what she truly is—a skin-walker. She can run faster, climb higher, and see better than nearly anyone else. Experiencing intense connections with the animals that roam the woods outside her home, Maya knows it’s only a matter of time before she’s able to Shift and become one of them. And she believes there may be others in her small town with surprising talents.
- The Golden Lilly Book 2 of the Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead. It is a spinoff of her Vampire Academy series. Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students—children of the wealthy and powerful—carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought.
- Wolf Pact, a Blue Blood’s Spin off by Melissa de la Cruz. Wolf Pact will follow the adventures of Bliss Llewellyn, a central character in the Blue Bloods novels, as she goes on a quest to find the legendary Hounds of Hell and convince them to join the Blue Blood vampires in their war against the Silver Bloods. The Wolf Pact series will reinvent the myth of the werewolf in the same way that Blue Bloods breathed new life into the vampire genre.
- Untitled Books to be Book 7 and 8 of The Royal Blood Chronicles by Elizabeth Loraine. I just spoke to the author of one of the most popular independant young adult authors this year and she stated that at this time she is working on Book 2 of her adult paranormal series, Phantom Lives but that she will be working on Book 7 and 8 of The Royal Blood Series. RBC tells the story of Katrina and the Protectors who have to fight bad in order to protect the humans of the world. They are strong characters that both youth and adult can relate to. More information to come.
For more articles on paranormal books, Charmed, metaphysics, True Blood, Vampires, and events please check out my main page here.
Also follow me on Twitter @tenavarney and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/bertena.varney