Familiar names continue to dominate the most popular games for the Amazon Kindle.
EA Solitaire holds down the No. 1 spot. Until Jan. 2, it is available for 99 cents. Its regular price is $3.99. The app includes 12 ways to play the game, from Klondike to Pyramid to Freecell.
Following are the remaining top 10 games:
2) Jewels. Regularly $1.99, the game is available for 99 cents. “Jewels is a matching game,” Amazon says, “which will put your planning and pattern recognition skills to the test.”
3) Word Search, available for 99 cents. “Locate and mark off words in the grid using the 5 way controller or the touch screen,” Amazon says. “Each word appears in a straight line, horizontally, vertically or diagonally in the grid.”
4) Mahjong Solitaire, regularly $3.99, is available for download for 99 cents. “In Mahjong Solitaire,” Amazon says, “you match pairs of identical tiles in order to remove them from the board.”
5) SCRABBLE, regularly priced at $4.99, is available for 99 cents. You can play with a friend, challenge the Kindle or play a solo game. The sale price ends Jan. 2.
6) BATTLESHIP, regularly $4.99, is available for download for 99 cents. You can play it solo or with a friend.
7) Slingo, available for 99 cents, goes back to $3.99 after Jan. 2. The game is described as a combination of Bingo and Slots.
8) YAHTZEE, on sale for 99 cents, will cost $4.99 after Jan. 2. You can play solo or with up to three friends.
9) Sudoku Works, for 99 cents, “can create puzzles in four grid sizes (4×4, 6×6, 8×8 and 9×9) with five difficulty levels.”
10) Bubble Pop, at $1.99, allows you to “select any adjacent bubble of the same type to pop them. The more bubbles you pop, the more points you earn. The game ends when there are no more bubbles of the same type adjacent to each other.”
Free Kindle Examiner email alerts
Join me on Twitter