TOP TEN MUST HOLIDAY MAKEUPLOOKS
The end of the year is near, and you should always end it the way you want your new year to begin: looking fabulous! Here are my top ten holiday must haves for ringing in the New Year:
- Begin your holiday look with a great moisturizer; Mt. P Cosmeceuticals has a great oil-free and tinted moisturizer that will give your face a smooth texture and a great canvas for your makeup to go on smoothly and to stay on longer.
- Using mineral foundation or airbrush foundation gives you a flawless look; MAC, Mt.P Cosmeceuticals, Face First Airbrush Mineral Foundation, and Pur Mineral foundation, gives great coverage, without feeling or looking heavy or overdone
- A shimmer or metallic color on the eyes is a fun after 5 look especially if you are wearing all black, silver, or gold outfit. Renew the smoky eye look by using a creamy, deep grey shadow or bold, fun purples; MAC, NARS, and Urban Decay have great colors for this look. Here Jill Scott does a demure gold with navy liner.
- False lashes are fun and flirty, you can be as dramatic as you want to be with your lashes, some false lashes even have a little bling of crystals on each lash
- Lining the eyes are always a must a great liquid liner is the key, and it causes you not to drag the skin around your eyes, which we have a tendency to do with pencil liner; be festive by using bold colors like purple, navy, or go really wild and use turquoise. Jennifer Lopez has great eyes for lining especially to be festive and wild with it.
- 6.Make sure your brows are groomed and arched to perfection,(threading the brows, gives them a great defined arch) if you have thin brows, make them look bolder by using a brow powder, it looks more natural than a pencil; Kim Kardashian brows are a perfect example of brows done to perfection
- Don’t be afraid of red on the lips, just remember the golden rule; decide on which feature you want to stand out eyes or lips but not both. A bold red lip is very sexy, and very Hollywood glamour; but too much face can lead you into drag-queen territory. No one does red lips and glamour like Burlesque artist Dita von Teese
- Define the cheeks by using a cream blush, and highlight it with a bronzer, or be really daring and just use the bronzer, to give a glow like Jennifer Lopez or Beyonce
- Give your whole body a glow by using a shimmer powder, to any exposed area; the collar bone, the décolleté, or even your back. Make it even sexier by making the powder edible Urban Decay creates a lickable Marshmallow shimmer powder and also Pacifica Coconut Crushed Pearl Bronzing Body Butter will keep all eyes on you
- Finish your holiday look by wearing fun metallic nail polish Deborah Lippmann have fun metallic colors in navy, gold, & silver. Get sexy with black MAC or Chanel polish, or just be glamorous with any shade of red, which will go great with that sexy red lip
There you have it ladies so Have a happy Holiday and let the New Year Begin!