And the hits keep coming for Jerry Sandusky, former Penn State football coach who is currently charged with 40 counts of sexual child abuse. Yesterday, pennlive informed us that two new and additional cases of child sex abuse alleged against Jerry Sandusky have been opened by Children and Youth Services in Pennsylvania. The big difference is that the two new cases involve individuals who are minors now – instead of being the young adults alleging abuse now – who were minors during the alleged abuse. The cases were reported less than 60 days ago, and are still in the initial stages of the investigation.
Due to the fact that minors are involved – there’s an excellent chance that Sandusky would go straight to jail if new charges are brought forward from these new allegations.
And to muddy the already murky waters in the Jerry Sandusky child abuse sex scandal, one of those 2 minors is reported to be one of Sandusky’s family members. According to Patriot-News:
“The attorney for Jerry Sandusky says one of the two new cases of alleged sexual abuse under investigation by Children and Youth Services was made by a family member. … The allegations stem from difficulties within the child’s immediate family.”
Sandusky is currently free on $100,000 bail; and goes back to court for a preliminary hearing on December 13th.
For additional information on these new allegations, see the attached CNN video.
For more on the Penn State Scandal, also see:
- Mike McQueary changes his account of the Sandusky 2002 shower rape (video)
- Costas: Are you sexually attracted to young boys? Sandusky: (long pause)
- Jerry Sandusky to Bob Costas ‘I’m not a pedophile’ (video)
- Nebraska 17, Nittany Lions 14, fans blue (photos)
- Penn State students supporting child abuse awareness at today’s game (videos)
- Recap of the Sandusky child sex abuse scandal as possible 9th victim surfaces
- Md. and Pa. look to strengthen child sexual abuse reporting laws
- Feds to investigate Penn State child sexual abuse scandal
- Penn State students riot after Joe Paterno gets fired
- Joe Paterno and Penn State University President ‘fired’, 14,000 students riot
- Support eroding for Penn State’s Joe Paterno, retirement just announced
- Joe Paterno news conference cancelled amidst Sandusky child sex abuse charges
- Child sex charges filed against former Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky
To receive e-mail alerts to Richard’s articles, click on the ‘Subscribe to get instant updates’ link above. E-mail alerts are free, private and secure, and you won’t get any ink on your fingers.
(sources: Patriot-News, pennlive)