Thanksgiving is now behind us and the holiday shopping is under way. Grand Rapids is a great place to shop with so many fantastic local shops to choose from. Another great aspect to shopping in Grand Rapids is that we have fun events like the Uptown Holiday Shop Hop that happen every year.
This event just makes your shopping so much more fun. It also helps you get better deals at local stores and businesses. This year it’s happening on Thursday, December 1st. It starts at 4 pm and doesn’t end until 10 pm! To really make things easier for you they have 6 trolleys to shuttle you to and fro that won’t cost you anything! They also have some fun treats like having Santa at the Richard App Gallery and in-store treats at Making Thyme. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Here’s a list of some other goodies you can expect during this event:
- Peninsula Trading Company – Free gift with every $30 purchase.
- Sight Optical Boutique – Santa and his helper on site for photos!
- LaFontsee Galleries – See their new exhibit and snack on free treats and beverages.
- Carol Roeda Studio – Free magnet with any $10 purchase.
- Lamb – Free gift with purchase.
- Holistic Learning Center – Kombucha tasting and class demos.
- Rock Paper Scissors Consignment – Discount on gift certificates.
- Global Infusion – Free samples of chocolates, teas and coffee.
- Swirls Boutique – Free refreshments, door prizes and live entertainment.
- Pink Blvd. – Entertainment and free treats.
- Hopscotch Children’s Store – Start a kids wish list and get a $5 gift card!
- Urban Exchange – Wine, pastries, music and a special promotion.
- The Pretend Store – Markdowns and homemade oatmeal cranberry cookies.
- Capelli Salon – Swag bags and cocktails!
- Uncle Cheetah’s Soup Shop – Free soup, hot chocolate, sing-a-longs and more.
- Nourish Organic Market – Food sampling, hot cider and live music.
- Wealthy Street Bakery – Free samples of hearth-baked pizza, holiday cookies and more.
- Tree Huggers – Live entertainment, cocktails and free gift with every $50 purchase.
There are so many more participating businesses and they’re all offering something special for this event. It’s always fun to go out and get free wine, be shuttled around while you shop and get great discounts at local stores. This is the event that makes it all happen.