Today is a federal holiday and many people are wondering, “Are banks open on Veterans Day?” This year, Veterans Day falls on Friday, November 11, 2011. Because Veterans Day is also a bank holiday in many areas, most banks are closed.
In a Veterans Day Message from the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), President Barack Obama has been clear:
“America’s commitments to its Veterans are bonds that are sacrosanct-a sacred trust we are honor bound to uphold.”
<<<— Slideshow Images Show Local Bank Holidays <<<—
Here in the Providence, Rhode Island area, the following banks observe Veterans Day, and their lobby and drive-up windows are closed. These banks are are not open in Rhode Island today.
Of course, if you’re on your way to do some early Black Friday shopping, you can always withdraw money at your local ATM machine. Smaller bank kiosks in large supermarkets or retail stores may be open with limited holiday hours. Call first to be sure.
Veterans Day quotes, sayings, poems and song say Thank you Veterans
Popular Rhode Island Banks that are Closed on Veterans Day
- Citizens Bank will be closed in observance of Veterans Day.
- Washington Trust’s Bank Holiday Schedule shows the bank is not open on Veterans Day.
- Bank of America offices and banking centers will be closed in observance of Veterans Day.
- Sovereign Bank offices will be closed to observe the 2011 Veterans Day holiday.
- Coastway Credit Union observes Veterans Day as a bank holiday on Friday, November 11, 2011.
- Greenwood Credit Union’s holiday schedule reports the bank is closed today, Veterans Day.
Check Out These Veterans Day Freebies and Military Discounts!
- Veterans Day 2011 Restaurant freebies: T’s Restaurant free military breakfast
- Veterans Day 2011 Restaurant freebies: Free Applebee’s meal for vets, military
- Veterans Day 2011 Restaurant freebies: Chili’s free meal deal for military
- Veterans Day 2011 Restaurant freebies: Uno’s Chicago Grill military discount
- Veterans Day 2011 Restaurant freebies: Free Outback Steakhouse Bloomin’ Onion
- Veterans Day 2011 Restaurant freebies: T.G.I. Friday’s BOGO free meal
- Veterans Day 2011 Restaurant freebies: Free Hooters wings for vets, military
- Veterans Day 2011 Restaurant freebies: Free Texas Roadhouse lunch menu entree
Sources: Citizens Bank, Washington Trust, Bank of America, Sovereign Bank, Coastway Credit Union, Greenwood Credit Union
Photo: Veterans Day – Armistice Day – Remembrance Day image. Lest we forget. Poppy worn on the lapel for Veterans Day. Wikimedia Commons