Warren Miller films have set the standard for entertaining footage of daring skiers, funny moments, all accompanied by appropriate music and witty dialogue. His films have become a must-see for Lake Tahoeskiing and snowboarding enthusiasts.
Sixty-two years ago, an adventurous man with a pair of wooden boards strapped to his feet and an 8mm-movie camera in his hand changed the way people worldwide thought about snow. And Miller got his start doing a film at Squaw Valley in Lake Tahoe.
Even though he has retired, today Warren Miller remains one of the most recognized names in the ski industry. Warren Miller Entertainment (WME) reportedly hosts the largest action sports film tour on the planet.
This year, Warren Miller Entertainment offers the first stop for preseason powder stoke, with the introduction of its 62nd annual winter sports film –“Like There’s No Tomorrow.” The action-packed film is narrated by Olympic gold medalist Jonny Moseley and shot on location on five continents. Moseley is also among the many skiers and snowboarders featured in the film.
Below are several Lake Tahoe dates/times for the film.
- North Lake Tahoe: Friday, Nov. 25, Saturday, Nov. 26, 7:30 pm, Cal Neva Resort (2 Stateline Road)
- South Lake Tahoe: Friday, Nov. 18, Saturday, Nov. 19, 7:30 pm, Montbleu Resort (55 Highway 50)
Visit www.skinet.com/warrenmiller/events/ca for all California dates/times of “Like There’s No Tomorrow.”
Warren Miller films attract a cult-like following and mark the official start of winter for skiing and snowboarding enthusiasts everywhere. Warren Miller premieres are an experience, a party.
This year’s film celebrates the moments that make up a perfect winter. Tour the world’s most inspiring snowy landscapes, from the rugged peaks of New Hampshire’s Mount Washington to the legendary powder of Squaw Valley; from the striking Himalayas in Gulmarg, India to the southern hemisphere’s highest peak in Portillo, Chile. Alaska. Utah. Colorado. New Zealand. Norway.
Watch world-class athletes – including Chris Davenport, Julia Mancuso, Daron Rahlves, Colby West and Seth Wescott – drop lines most skiers and snowboarders only see in their dreams and learn, frame-by-frame, how to live . . . Like There’s No Tomorrow.
“Warren Miller Films are an iconic piece of the ski lifestyle, and we are proud to partner with such a great brand,” said Jim McAlpine, President/CEO of LiftTickets.com.
LiftTickets.com announced recently that it is partnering with Warren Miller Entertainment to sponsor this year’s Warren Miller film tour on a national basis.
Read more lodeplus.com ski stories:
- Projected opening dates for Lake Tahoe ski resorts
- Ski & Board Festival this weekend in Sacramento
- Boreal in Lake Tahoe offers top to bottom skiing, riding
- Mammoth Mountain ski resort now open for skiing, riding
- Tahoe Ski Trivia: Cool tins with 50 playing cards
- Daron Rahlves will continue work at Sugar Bowl ski resort
- NASTC in Lake Tahoe offers lessons for advanced skiers
- New snow has Northstar, Heavenly getting ready for Nov. 18 opening
- Northstar ski resort will unveil new quad chair this season on Backside
- Squaw Valley’s Julia Mancuso begins World Cup season
Enjoy this article? Receive e-mail alerts when new SF Skiing Examiner articles are available. Just click on the “Subscribe” button above.