Once all the presents are unwrapped and the feast has been plowed through, many families have piles of leftovers. Leftover wrapping supplies, leftover food, leftover this and leftover that.
Here are some ways to put those leftovers to good use:
- Wrapping paper: If torn to bits, use as collage material, paper mache material, packing material for breakables. If still in pieces at least 6 x 6″, use to make shapes, snowflakes, tags or cards for next year, or turn it over and let the kids color all over it.
- Ribbons and bows: Let the kids use them as art supplies.
- Egg nog: use in pancake or waffle batter.
- Holiday candies: use in place of chocolate chips in cookies.
- Ham: use in salads, omelets, soups or casseroles.
- Turkey: use in quiche, soup, casseroles, pasta dishes, Mexican dishes, in wraps or shred and turn into barbeque meat for sandwich filler or on pizza.
- Give it away on Freecycle Columbus.