The New Year is quickly approaching and what better way to bring it in than by getting involved with your health?
If you are a smart, creative, innovative and entrepreneurial minded individual, Black Girls RUN! wants to hear from you.
Established in 2009 by former Middle Tennessee University students Toni Carey and Ashley Hicks, Black Girls RUN! is an organization that aims to inspire minority women nationwide to take charge of their health, and end obesity.
By creating an environment where members motivate each other to get and stay fit, Black Girls RUN! also aims to end the belief that recreational running is simply not something black people do.
Your job as an intern would be to educate yourself, and help the organization grow. The group is currently looking to fill several positions that can be done remotely from your own home (see below).
Marketing & Public Relations Intern:
– Research for new marketing opportunities
– Develop public relations, marketing and social media campaigns
– Research online advertising/SEO opportunities
– Develop press releases
– Pitching media
– Researching media opportunities
– Develop marketing collateral
– Responsible for keeping blog and website updated
– Develop and maintain editorial calendar for blog
– Proof and edit blog content
– Solicit blog content from guest bloggers/contributors
– MBA or fashion merchandising focus
– Experience in e-commerce
– Work directly with the co-founders in developing advertising, marketing, brand development and apparel distribution
– Send in daily orders to fulfillment company
– Answer emails
Member Relations Intern:
– Assist BGR! lead ambassadors in coordinating and organizing running groups
– Answer questions from BGR! ambassadors and members
To apply, send your resume and the position of your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Black Girls RUN! visit www.blackgirlsrun.com.
For SF Bay Area running group info, contact Chelsea Candelaria at email@example.com