Consumer’s must make the restoration of a healthy financial system a top priority in the 2012 election. The consumer access to a healthy financial system empowers personal responsibility and innovation in society. The consumer’s restoration of health in the financial system is the foundation the post WWII economy was built upon. This restoration is beyond any one party or ideology. This restoration is American.
In review of the Republican party, the party of less taxes and less government has a fly in the ointment of core principles and beliefs. The fly in the The Republican Party’s ointment is a man named Grover Norquist. Any restoration to the financial system falls flat on the side of the Republican Party under one lobbyist and his firm Americans for Tax Reform. The Taxpayers Protection Pledge is signed by 95% of all Republican Congressman and all but one 2012 Republican presidential candidates. The pledge opposes all taxes increases or any reduction or elimination of deductions or credits. What unelected official in Washington has the power to engage politicians into such an agreement for one man representing according to 60 minutes some wealthier individuals.
The following opinion piece in the Natasha Telegraph provides the best analysis:
Because those who refuse to sign are threatened with primary fights against well-funded opponents backed by Norquist and the ATR.
Talk about a do-nothing Congress! They are worse than that – they have sold our democracy to the highest bidders.
How long are we going to let Grover Norquist decide who gets elected and how they vote? Are we going to listen to him or to Teddy Roosevelt?
Grover Norquist is an autonomous power in the United States Government, and The Republican Party calls for less government and less taxes with a Tea Party Banner. Is less government a dictatorship and it’s leader Grover Norquist. The Republican party is a party with a core of power in Grover Norquist. Germany made a choice in the 1930’s for one man to hold supreme power, and one man holding such a power bloc over the Republican party is a concern for the preservation of freedoms under our constitution. Is Grover Norquist interests in the benefit of the few or restoration of a healthy financial system in America? What the Republicans or Norquist proposes a financial system fixes? The answer sounds like crickets.
- Grover Norquist’s hold on the GOP (cbsnews.com)
- Whose Cup of Tea? Republicans flat on financial fixes under guise of Grover Norquist (donny-wise.com)
- President Obama and The Tea Party performance on Consumers Banking and Financial Reform issues as 2012 nears (donny-wise.com)
- Grover Norquist: The Billionaires’ Best Friend (rollingstone.com)
- GROVER NORQUIST’s OFFICE THREATENED TO BE BOMBED…I can’t imagine why? (right!) (bonjupatten.wordpress.com)
- Congress set to throw in the towel (politico.com)
- Former Sen. Alan Simpson: Who is Grover Norquist a slave to? (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Who’s Afraid of Grover Norquist? (themoderatevoice.com)